Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Setting Apart

I am leaving in less than two hours to be set apart and I thought I'd do one last post before my sister takes over.

Being set apart is basically when I officially become a missionary. The Stake President (leader over a group of about 5 congregations, called wards, led by bishops) will put his hands on my head, and with the authority of the priesthood, give me a blessing and make me a missionary. It is called a 'setting apart' because he is setting apart my life to this one specific purpose. In our Church, everyone who has a job is set apart in that job - from the nursery leaders to the bishop and his counselors. It is a really cool experience to get a blessing, it's like God is talking directly to you.

Packing today was not fun, but packing never is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laura won't be able to read these until she returns in 2013, but you are welcome to leave comments.