Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Changes!

No, I do not know who my new companion is yet. We have the transfer meeting tomorrow. The way it works is that new missionaries arrive late on Monday night, spend the night at the Mission Home, get orientated on Tuesday Morning, go to the transfer meeting and head out to their area Tuesday night. Departing missionaries head out to the transfer meeting, spend the night at the mission home, and head out on Wednesday. So tomorrow, we drive to Raleigh. You find out on Friday or Saturday night if you are being transferred or training or whatnot. I am a little nervous - so is Sister C. We hope our new living companion is easy to get along with.

We got to have a little Cottage Meeting on Saturday. We went to the B's home (the one with the farm) and invited investigators and a few members. Had a little lesson and then food and fellowshipping. It was really fun. Only one investigator ended up showing up (one of the Elder's investigators) but he brought family. His wife is on the Mercy Ship? Anyway, grandfather is staying with them and he really misses his wife. I believe she is a member. His sons are really cute.

We also taught a great man on Tuesday. We went to lunch at a less active member's home and she was like "well I'll come out with you" when we started talking about needing to find someone to go with us. It was awesome. They were both military and bonded. He was babysitting and his wife was at work. They totally met online and he went out to the Philippines to pick her up. Her family is very religious. He really enjoyed being around them. He accepted baptism! It was a really powerful lesson. I think the reason it was so powerful for me was because I had really been studying up on the Restoration in Preach My Gospel. I was reminded of what a miracle it is that God still talks to us today. Prophets aren't only a thing of the past.

Basically, if you read the Book of Mormon and ask if it is true, believing that God will tell you the answer, then you will know. Actually, the promise is that if you ask if it is *not* true. That book is a miracle. It is another testament of Jesus Christ! Everyone should read it because it will remind us of how merciful God is and how much we are loved, cared for, protected, and guided. I know so many people don't get why bad things happen or refuse to believe in God because if there was a God, then there would be no suffering. God allows some to suffer so he can punish the wicked and those that suffer will be exalted in their righteousness. Yes, it is hard to know that they are suffering. I don't like hearing about the terrible things that happen or that I see, but I know that they are beloved sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to allow agency. He loves them and knows exactly what they are going through.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laura won't be able to read these until she returns in 2013, but you are welcome to leave comments.